Monday, March 18, 2013

I'm a Mrs. Now What?

What comes next?

Finally receive certificate of Marriage? Check.
Social Security name change? Check.
Update Licence? Ehh.. I have an 8 year one I forked over $70 for that won't expire for 6 more. Pass.
Update work information? I'll pass on that too.

Social Security Office was actually a breeze. I was technically finished in about 15-20 minutes including waiting in line to get in, waiting in line to check in, then waiting in line for a window. I watched other people fill the lobby I guess looking to obtain or replace a whole new one? Maybe?

I went prepared filling out the Application for Social Security Card form online. All the guy needed was the actual Marriage Certificate I brought and a valid ID. No parents socials, or signatures or anything like that. I found it kind of strange but didn't really question him. Maybe it was just to mail in.

I ended up running into an old friend doing security there and got overly excited. She was one of my favorite people to small talk with in the morning and was always so friendly. She remembered me first, and of course I remembered her. I feel like the other officers were just kinda all "What?..."

I guess Step 5 (Since I skipped 3 and 4) is DEERS/ID.

Then... am I done? With paperwork? At least til it comes time to living with him?
I feel like I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment