Thursday, February 28, 2013

The After Effect

I think everything was delayed.

All the overwhelming emotions, all the extreme amounts of happiness that seem to leak from my eyes, its all delayed. It's just now sinking in that I'm married to the love of my life and when I really stop to think about it, I get a bit emotional. 

I knew we were married, but it felt like a Birthday more then anything. It came, it was awesome, but it was last week and doesn't really set in. People would ask "What's it like being married?" or "How do you feel now that you're married?" And I'd respond with "Uhh... what?" I'd think to myself "Am I supposed to feel different?" I still don't really feel different, but a different reality has come into view. 

My life, rather Our Life, is changed forever. In Our future we'll have Our house. Our mess. Our pots and pans and dishes and a bed that we'll call ours. Our taxes will now be filed Married - Separate/Joined and everything else about our current life will slowly phase out.

That's where the different feeling comes in. It's a good feeling.

He is my Husband.
I am his Wife.


I've never smiled as much as I did while seeing him stand at the other end of the aisle.

Now back to all these forms to still fill out. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm Emily! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog!
    ewalsh874{at}gmail{dot}com

    ReplyDelete