Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The (Original) Date Is Set!

The date we wanted so long ago, but thought might be unattainable, is finally set!

          For this month.

                       Next Week.


All the planning was completed in a single weekend and I'm pretty sure I can pull it off. I think we both gave up on the date and were planning for end of March before he goes off for more training. Then, very slowly but surely, he got word it was alright to keep the date, and get hitched on his 96.

I haven't lost all the weight I've wanted. Actually, probably not even close. With diet alone (No exercise) I dropped 8lbs in the first week (I think cutting out Cheese for me was the biggest thing). Started to throw in Insanity and started trickling down again. What matters to me now, is the dress I want fitting. There's always Plan B of Spanx/Corset undergarments.

I've been thinking about venues since he was down on 1 knee. I've bounced all over the south west from New Mexico to Nevada, Colorado to California, and even threw in Texas. With everything constantly changing, I looked at venues from outside parks, to tree houses to even the Zoo. I was actually quite fond of the zoo. Him, not so much. We came to an agreement in Fabulous Las Vegas.

Part of me thinks its a little bit stereotypical. Early 20s, running off on a weekend to Vegas  Never would have thought I'd be getting married this young. Well, for me it seems young. Thought falling in love wouldn't smack me in the face til I was in my late 20s. Maybe 30s. However, I've never felt more ready.

I'm stuffing in appointments left and right for everything from a Dermatologist to Podiatrist. From Dress fittings to Hair. I've slacked on exercising Monday and Tuesday from being so exhausted. I already regret it. I would say maybe the extra running around helps a bit, but I'm driving everywhere and most appointments are just sitting there.

What I've been having the "Most Fun" with is his ring. I've done quite a bit of research on that too given his Military Profession, mixed in with his current MOS. I've had my eye on one for quite some time but Someone won't give me their ring size. Rather, Someone keeps forgetting to find out. Although it is high on my list, my days are filled with so much random stuff I forget to remind him! Not to sound sexist, but I've yet to find a Male that's excellent at reminding their-selves on things, not related to hobbies.

I keep telling myself Always Flexible. Although I've accepted it, I  haven't had a full grasp on the concept. I really should learn to always expect the unexpected. Just in case. 

No comments:

Post a Comment