Thursday, January 17, 2013

It's A Little Strange For Me

Meeting a "stranger" for lunch, I mean.

My guy has this best friend, Nighthawk (Weird story on that name). He's married to Mrs. Nighthawk (That's what I've been calling her anyway). She, being a new Marine wife, is constantly going by the "Semper Gumby" motto and is afraid to start anything new. In the past week, she made a decision I wish I could make. She decided one day after missing him so much, to drive across the US to 29 Palms.

I feel like I know her, with out knowing her, and only having a couple brief conversations with her. When I learned she was passing through the state I'm currently in, I thought "Hey, I should take her to lunch!" I've been on a ton of road trips and for me personally, the only thing that wakes me up and gets me back in the mood to drive is food. Maybe caffeine too.

I don't know much about her, honestly. Likes or Dislikes, food preferences, or even how old she is. I feel like I trust her more so than a lot of people I've constantly worked with for the past 8 months. In my mind, no person who sells on their stuff, to drive that far, to be with the one they love, not actually knowing how long they're staying there, can't be a bad person in my book.

My mission today is find a Pet Friendly (Her Cat), Gluten/Dairy Friendly (My diet) Restaurant close by where she's coming in from. Not sure when she'll actually be here, but I think it's pretty neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment