Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Bickering

Another year to do it all again.

You know what's awesome? The small fights we have.
I don't say that sarcastically either.

The small fights, the little banter, the bickering back and forth... all of it are things that can be so easily put behind us because of the larger picture at hand. When ever I get to see him, spend any time with him, our arguments come from acknowledging that we both have opinions, but opinions that we come to terms with quickly, and understanding from one another.

I shouldn't call it a fight. More of a disagreement.
I feel like where the disagreements are going, the things we disagree about, shows we're committed, or else our opinion wouldn't be that strong. We had one a few days ago over Tea. Its a weird thing, I know, but Its something I can smile about later.

I know about Divorce rates.
I know more about Military Divorce rates.
I know that we're still pretty young, still have a lot to learn... but...
I know that I love him.
I know I can't stand to be with out him.
I know that he loves me.

The one thing I try and live by is to Never go to bed angry. To try stay up and talk it out no matter what hour it is. You'll probably be better off in the morning.

A good M.A. once said Marriage is "to help us finish childhood—to complete each other." That we unconsciously select the correct person for the job.

We fight sometimes, I belive everyone fights, and that's ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment